Your data is yours at all times and we are not allowed to share it if it is in any way understandable to which company it refers.
- 1.1. Equidam B.V. and its affiliated companies (collectively referred to as ‘Equidam’ and ‘we’), respect your privacy. The personally-identifiable information we collect and process about you (hereinafter referred to as ‘personal data’) is treated with utmost care and security.
- 1.3. Equidam has filed a notification with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (DDPA) of the processing of personal data by Equidam. This notification, under notification number 1548073, and more information about privacy can be found on the websites of the DDPA, www.cbpweb.nl and www.mijnprivacy.nl
- 2.2. This Policy applies to the equidam.com website, including all subpages, subdomains, successor pages, and the Equidam App (collectively referred to as the ‘Website’), as well as to all Services offered by Equidam (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Services’). The Policy does not apply to any website, product or service of any third-party company, even if the Website links to the website of such company. Make sure that you get fully acquainted with the privacy statements of any third-party company before you use their website, products or services and before you provide your personal data to them.
3. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Equidam collects your personal data in order to be able to provide the Services to you. We collect personal data in two ways:
- 3.1. When you provide it directly to us. We collect information about you and your company whenever you register and create an account at Equidam, when you modify your account at Equidam, when you use, access and interact with our Services. Therefore, information we collect from you includes:
- 3.1.1. personal and company contact information: name, company name, email address, company address, phone number, company VAT number, etc.;
- 3.1.2. profile information: username, password, account image, etc.;
- 3.1.3. preferences information: notification and marketing preferences, etc.;
- 3.1.4. content: any personal and company sensitive information that you choose to create, input, submit, upload, store or display in the process of using our Services, etc.;
- 3.1.5. other submissions: information you submit to us as you communicate with us via e.g. third party social media sites, etc..
- 3.2. When you use the Website and the Services. We gather certain information regarding your visits of the Website and the use you make of the Services in order to improve and optimize your user experience, which can be categorized as follows:
- 3.2.1. web logs: internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, geographical location, session information, browsing behavior, certain software and hardware attributes disclosed by a browser, etc.;
- 3.2.2. analytics information: we may collect analytics information such as feature of the Services being used, elements of Content related to the function you are performing while using the Services, information regarding your use of the Services and of the downloading functionality forming part thereof, for the purpose of helping us to better understand your preferences and to improve our Services, etc.;
4. USE AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
- 4.1 We use the information we collect about you for a variety of general purposes, including to:
- 4.1.1. provide, operate, maintain, improve and promote the Services to you;
- 4.1.2. enable you to access the Services, including to submit, upload and download Content into or from the Website;
- 4.1.3. process and complete transactions, as well as send you the related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- 4.1.4. provide customer support services to you, respond to your questions and requests, send you technical or administrative updates and messages;
- 4.1.5. send you communications with updates regarding the Website, the Services, offers, promotions, and events;
- 4.1.6. monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Services for marketing and advertising purposes;
- 4.1.7. prevent fraudulent activities and unauthorized access to the Services;
- 4.1.8. provide advanced aggregated anonymized analyses;
- 4.2. In addition to the purposes stated in Article 4.1., we make use of analytics information in order to understand how the Services are used and how they can be improved further.
5. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA, THIRD PARTIES
- 5.1. We do not share or disclose your personal data or content with any third parties, except as provided under this Policy.
- 5.2. We work with third-party service providers, which provide website, hosting, application development, payment processing, storage, virtual infrastructure and other services to us. These third-party service providers may have access to your personal data in order to be able to provide their services to us and in doing so we ensure that your personal data is treated in accordance with this Policy. Third-party service providers are prohibited from using the personal data they have access to for purposes other than the ones, which are reasonably necessary for the provision of their services to us.
- 5.3. The Website and the Services may contain links to other websites, whose privacy practices may differ from our own. If you submit your personal data to any third-party website, your data is governed by their privacy policies. Therefore we ask you to carefully read the privacy statements of any website you visit and consider submitting personal data to.
- 5.4. We may disclose your data (including your personal data) to third parties if such disclosure is reasonably necessary for the purpose of
- 5.4.1. complying with applicable laws, regulations, court orders, legal processes or governmental requests,
- 5.4.2. preventing harmful or illegal activities and, in urgent circumstances, protecting the personal safety of Equidam, our customers, and the public,
- 5.4.3. protecting the security and integrity of the Services and defending the rights or property of Equidam, and
- 5.4.4. where reasonable, for maintaining, updating or otherwise implementing our data security measures, equipment, technical operations and the like.
- 5.7. We may display on the Website testimonials of customers of Equidam, who are satisfied with our Services. With your explicit consent and confirmation we may post your personal testimonial on our Website too, along with your name.
- 5.8. We may transfer your data (including your personal data) in connection with or in the process of negotiating the sale, assignment, or other transfer of the Equidam business or any part thereof, or as part of a security audit.
- 5.9. We may also share aggregated or anonymized data that does not directly identify you or any of your personal data.
6. WEBSITE VISITORS
- 6.1. For browsing the Website you are not required to provide any personal data to us. We may, however, gather non-personally-identifiable data about you, including but not limited to your IP address, the pages you are visiting on our Website, date and time when you visited our Website. Such non-personally-identifiable data is collected by Equidam for the purpose of monitoring and improving the Website and the Services and is not shared with any third parties or used for the purpose of targeting any advertisements to you.
- 6.2. Upon visiting the Website you may voluntarily provide your personal data, including but not limited to your name, your email address, and the name of your company, for the purpose of submitting a contact form requesting information from Equidam, for adding a comment to a publication on our blog, or for another purpose that allows you to use it if you voluntarily provide your personal data.
7. DATA STORAGE AND PROTECTION
- 7.1. Equidam takes reasonable steps to ensure that all personal data we collect is transferred and stored in a secure manner. In doing so we make sure, as far as reasonably possible, that the collected and stored personal data is protected from misuse, interference, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We do so by means of using verified methods including access limitation, industry-standard Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption technology to safeguard sensitive information, data encryption, and firewalls.
- 7.2. Data collected by Equidam may be stored and processed in the Netherlands, Germany, France and Ireland. We uphold and maintain strict procedures for protecting data stored in our servers and access is limited to those employees whose work-related duties involve working with such data. You acknowledge and agree that by providing personal data to Equidam you consent to the transmission of data (including personal data) over international borders, as necessary for processing your requests.
- 8.2. Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are needed for the functioning of the Website and the Services, they enable us to identify your device or when you have logged in, and without them the Website cannot function and the Services cannot be provided to you.
- 8.3. Functionality cookies: These cookies remember information about choices and preferences you have made and allow us to tailor the Website and Services to you and improve your experience.
- 8.4. Performance cookies: These cookies are aimed at collecting information about how visitors use the Website, including which pages are most popular and whether error messages are encountered on any of the web pages. Performance cookies enable us to improve the Website and the Services and provide a high-quality experience to you as a user. The information collected by these cookies does not identify users and is on an aggregated basis.
- 8.5. Targeting cookies: They collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising tailored to your interests. They are also used to determine the effectiveness of an advertising campaign and may determine the amount of times you see an advertisement. In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, we only place targeting cookies if you have given your permission for that. You can give your permission by ticking the appropriate box on the ‘Cookie Statement’, which is shown at your visit of our Website. The statement may re-appear again if a particular cookie has been rejected, deleted, or expired.
9. UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- 9.1. Equidam aims to keep your personal data as accurate as possible. You may at any time correct, update, amend or remove your personal data by contacting us directly, using the contact information outlined on the Website or through our in-app chat. Please note that for the purposes of ensuring the safety of sensitive and personal data, you will be requested to provide sufficient evidence of your identity at the time of your request before any personal data records will be made available to you by Equidam.
10. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- 10.2. Your continued use of the Website and the Services following the notification of changes to this Policy by Equidam will indicate your acceptance of these changes. If you disagree with any updates of this policy, you will need to stop using the Services and visiting the Website.
Effective starting: January 1st, 2017